Regular Admission to First Year BTech Programme
- Admission is strictly on the basis of merit and as per the eligibility criteria set by the Government of Kerala.
- Candidates shall apply directly to Providence College of Engineering either online or offline for admission.
- Applicants should have completed 17 years of age on 31st December of joining year.
- Candidates must be citizens of India.
- Candidates are admitted on merit from the Providence rank list based on their academic eligibility and as per norms of APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University.
- Selected candidates shall take admission at the appointed time and date in the college, after paying the tuition fee and other fees to be paid, failing which the offer of admission will be cancelled
- Government Quota:
- 50% of the total seats in BTech courses are set apart for centralized allotment by the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations as agreed upon with the Government of Kerala.
- Candidates who have passed Higher Secondary Examination, Kerala, or examinations recognized as equivalent thereto, with a minimum of 50% marks in Mathematics separately, and a minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) put together are eligible for Government quota admission.
- To be allotted to Providence College via the Government quota, candidates must opt for the institution code “PRC” and preferred branch of study during their online submission as and when announced by Commissioner for Entrance Examinations.
- College/institution code for Government quota: PRC
- Candidates who wish to opt to gain admission through the government quota must do so through the portal of the Commissioner of Entrance Examinations at https://www.cee.kerala.gov.in/main.php and select Providence College of Engineering with the institution code, PRC.
- Management Quota:
- 50% seats of the sanctioned intake are considered to be Management quota seats, including NRI/NRK. These seats are allotted on the basis of merit by ranking applicants on the basis of marks obtained for PCM in the qualifying examination and for Kerala Engineering, Agriculture & Medical (KEAM) Entrance Examination of the current year.
- Candidates who have passed Higher Secondary Examination, Kerala, or examinations recognized as equivalent thereto, with 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) put together are eligible for admission.
- Only those candidates who qualify in Kerala Engineering, Agriculture & Medical (KEAM) Entrance Examination conducted by the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations, Government of Kerala in the current year, will be considered.
- NRI/NRK students are admitted by the Management based on their academic eligibility as per APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University norms and exempted from qualifying in Kerala Engineering, Agriculture & Medical (KEAM) Entrance Examination.
Lateral Admission to Second Year BTech Programme
Admission is based on the marks scored in Engineering Diploma course (3 years) Examination.
They shall be admitted
- By Director of Technical Education based on LET rank list and options filed by candidates.
- Directly by Management based on marks, subject to other eligibility criteria.
Neither Providence College of Engineering nor the MGM Society have any agents or representatives for admission.
All admission applications must follow the criteria and processes prescribed above or as per applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
Any person(s) engaging in false representation and/or entering into any form of promissory agreement relating to admissions, does so at their own risk and may be liable for legal prosecution.
© 2015 Providence College of Engineering. All rights reserved.